Retail task management is the process of managing tasks including priority, due date, granular distribution to selected recipients (typically store management), tracking and reporting. Task management helps retail brands achieve specific goals through the distribution of actionable and trackable requests.
Key Functions of Retail Task Management software
Retail Task Management software needs to:
- Allow users to create and assign tasks quickly and easily. Creating a task should take a few seconds and be entirely controlled by the task creator, subject to his seniority and store affiliation in the store list.
- Allow users to assign tasks to anyone on their team. For example, a Director of Operations should be able to assign tasks to one, some or all his District Managers. A District Manager should be able to assign tasks to one, some or all her owners, franchisees and managers or for that matter…herself!
- Allow task creation, assignment, monitoring and reporting to be available to all. Control access by the organizational hierarchy and store list.
- Be platform and device agnostic. Users should be able to view and complete tasks on the web, the mobile or by email, any time, from anywhere.
- Allow the task creator to instantly view who has completed the task, when it was completed, all in real time.
The right retail task management tool makes all the difference. Paper checklist and email are not enough. Because neither paper checklists or email give retailers a centralized place for all tasks. Nor do they allow for easily tracking task completion across all stores.
Instead, choose a solution wherein you can assign tasks to specific recipients for any store need. Most importantly, find a solution that helps your team do their jobs and puts all the information they need in one place to execute faster: directives, photos, and supporting documents.
Want to learn more about retail task management? See our guide: