Welcome to the table of contents for the “Retail Audit Best Practice” series. You may click on the title of a best practice below or view all retail audit best practices.
1. Training is Necessary but not Sufficient.
Find out why a training program is necessary but not sufficient.
2. Execute Consistently While Keeping Each Location Unique.
Find out why and how to foster execution consistency while keeping each store unique.
3. Treat Each Store as a Brand Ambassador.
Every store represents the brand and every other store. Well-run brands are franchisee magnets. Find out why.
4. Engage the Stores.
Engage the stores. Foster access and participation. Use the action plan in your retail audit program. Find out why and how.
5. Close the Loop with the Action Plan.
What is an action plan? Why is an action plan needed? How can you close the loop in retail execution with an action plan?.
6. Say No to Paper, Excel and Email. Automate!
Paper, Excel and email are expensive and slow. Say no to paper, Excel and email. Automate!
7. Store Execution is a Core Competency. Do not Outsource it.
Compare retail audits with mystery shopping and see why store execution is a core competency that should not be outsourced.
8. Start Small, Calibrate, Scale Fast.
Read about why and how to calibrate your form(s) and team for your retail audit program.
9. Perfection is Elusive, Seize the Opportunity.
In retail, there is no such thing as a perfect visit. Manage expectations and seize the opportunity to achieve greatness.