To assist multi-unit retailers starting or improving their retail audit program, Compliant IA regularly publishes how-to guides, best practices and checklists. Use this sample checklist to create or update your commercial kitchen equipment checklist across your locations to keep kitchens operating at a high level.
Preventative maintenance on kitchen equipment minimizes breakage, increases performance, reduces power consumption and extends the life of the equipment. This checklist comes from the Denver Government and is included here in case the information is moved or removed from their website.
- Are hinges, handles, knobs, grates, etc. all in good condition?
- Does the gas fired equipment burn a steady blue flame?
- Motors run smoothly and turn over properly?
- Are temperatures within +/- 2 degrees of the desired setting?
- Door gaskets are in good condition, no noticeable signs of wear or tear?
- Is water feed equipment de- limed on a periodic basis?
- Hood system operating?
- Are hood filters clean?
- Condensers are free from dust and ice?
- Is fire suppression system operational?
- Has fire suppression system been inspected recently?
- Are all utilities confirmed on and resets checked?
- All chemicals are labeled and stored properly?
- Operating equipment wiring is free from fraying, burnt power cords, or exposed wiring?
- The dishwasher is free from lime buildup?
- All doors open easily?
- Is there no evidence of leaks?
- Pump intake screen is in place?
- Do drain covers open and close easily?
- Is the incoming temperature of water is at least 180 degrees F for high temperature machines & 120 degrees F for chemical sanitizing machines?
- Are the wash and rinse arms and nozzles clean?
- Does the dishwasher automatically start when door is closed?
- Is the timed/ manual operation is working properly?
- Does automatic shutdown after _____ seconds?
- Are chemicals being primed through the lines?
- Evaporator coils (cold air) and condenser coils (warm air) are clean?
- Airflow of fans is un-obstructed?
- Fridges are not overstocked with product, air should move freely around all items, (especially sides and bottom of containers)?
- Employees are trained to prior to placing a service call, check that power is on and observe temperature pattern for one hour to avoid false alarms (check resets)?
- Evaporator coils are free of ice by visual inspection?
- All door gaskets seal from outside air completely?
- Cold pans sit flush in place, no bent corners?
- Defrost cycles are set during slow periods of business?
- Thermometers stored in the upper 1/3 or in the warmest section of the refrigerator to get accurate readings?
- Please record the current temperature reading on the thermometer.
Compliant IA is the leading retail audit platform running on mobile, tablets, and laptops. Field managers and stores use the app to complete smart checklists at store-level, take photos, and assign tasks with automated reminders. Head office can ensure programs are deployed on time, in full, everywhere.