Use this sample CPG Merchandising Checklist to create or update your visual merchandising program across your retail partner locations.
- Shelves are stocked.
- No product holes.
- There are no unauthorized items.
- All authorized items are stocked on the shelf.
- Correct planogram used for the location and category (attach a photo).
- Number of “facings” is appropriate to allow optimum number of different SKUs.
- Product has been “fronted” correctly.
- Signage and shelf wobblers are used effectively and consistently with contractual agreement.
- How many new competitive items are in store (attach photos of each item).
- Is XYZ product in stock?
- Record price of XYZ product.
- Is XYZ product on promotion?
- Is the price of XYZ product correct?
- Has an order been placed by the store for more XYZ product?
- In-store promotions are current and consistent with contractual agreement.
- All displays in “like new” condition.
- Bulk floor displays are positioned correctly and are safe (no tripping hazard).
- Stand-alone displays are maintained and stocked.
- Specials “bins” and displays are clearly signed, pricing posted and positioned in hot spot zones.
- Staff know where our products are located in the store when questioned.
- Staff demonstrate product knowledge when asked.
- Staff are familiar with our brand and have received adequate product training.
- Product is stored properly.
- Product evidences rotation to avoid loss from expiry.
- Expired product is dealt with according to policy.
For more on creating an audit program, see our guide:
If you are looking for checklists to manage your operations and brand standards, you have two options.
- Register for a free trial of Compliant IA and get access to a library of professionally vetted public forms you can use to audit your locations in seconds.
- Refer to our checklists category of more than 33 checklists to manage every aspect of your operations.