Use this sample checklist to create or update your wireless authorized retailer program across your retail locations.
Checklists ensure that wireless authorized retailers merchandise and sell consistently with company standards and reseller contractual obligations. Regular audits help retailers and distributors be proactive and address issues before they become major problems. Audits also tend to cut costs and drive sales.
Below, a list of criteria for auditing wireless authorized resellers.
- Signage is clearly visible to passing pedestrian/car traffic.
- Signage is current, in good repair, and complies with contractual requirements.
- External building is clean, well lit and well presented.
- Exterior cameras are in working order and angled for the best view of parking lot, delivery entrance, and exits.
- Store hours are clearly displayed and current.
- Overall appearance is neat and sales floor is free of debris.
- Departments are clearly sectioned (demo, customer payment, POS, product, repair) and identified.
- In-store promotions are current and consistent with contractual agreements.
- There are no product holes.
- Specials “bins” and displays are clearly signed, pricing posted and positioned in hot spot zones.
- Accessories are displayed correctly and clearly priced.
- Fixtures, chairs, floors, walls, windows and surfaces are clean and well maintained.
- Interior cameras have a clear view of the sales floor, POS, safe, and inventory room.
- Display area is properly lit.
- Display devices are compliant with contractual expectations.
- Display devices are powered and secured.
- Display devices are regularly sanitized.
- Display devices are regularly cleared of memory.
- Demo devices which are not currently displayed are secured.
- Staff look professional and are easily identified.
- Staff received adequate product training.
- Staff received adequate customer service and selling skills.
- Staff have been assigned housekeeping responsibilities.
- Staff demonstrate product and promotional knowledge when asked.
- Store is adequately staffed.
- Technicians look professional and are easily identified.
- Certifications are up-to-date.
- Technicians received customer service training.
- Technicians greet customers and ask clarifying questions.
- Technicians quote customers before repair and clearly explain the problem to the customer.
- Repair area is kept neat and is free from non-essential equipment.
- Customer devices are secured when not being actively worked on.
POS and Information Security
- There is no customer information left in unsecured areas (sales floor, POS, backroom).
- Customer bill payments are handle according to company policy.
- Staff adhere to ID verification policies for customer activations.
- POS station is neat and supplied.
- Lock boxes are in use.
- Tills are opened and closed according to company policy.
- Deposits are handled according to company policy.
- Employees with access to the safe have unique codes.
- Additional store, till, and lock box keys are stored in the safe.
- Alarms are regularly tested, and employees have unique alarm codes.
- Shipments are secured and processed according to company standards.
- Stores adhere to regular inventory schedules.
- Returned devices are cleared of customer’s personal data.
- Used SIM cards are destroyed or secured according to company policy.
- Inventory is secured overnight according to company policy.
Compliant IA is the leading retail audit platform. It runs on smartphones, tablets, and laptops. Field managers and stores use the app to complete smart checklists at store-level, take photos, and assign tasks with automated reminders. Head office can ensure programs are deployed in time, in full, everywhere.